Curtis & Nicole’s Ottawa Horticulture Building Wedding
I’m pleased to showcase Curtis and Nicole’s Ottawa Horticulture building wedding photos. I’ve been wanting to shoot a wedding at the Horticulture building for a number of years now. So, I was happy when Nicole and Curtis told me that they were getting married there. Lansdowne has such a pretty and unique looking building. And it’s totally up my alley as far as style.
Their wedding day had perfect weather. Thank goodness it wasn’t humid or stifling hot. It was sunny with some clouds and the temperature was about 23°C. As a result, we had nice lighting for their formal portraits at a beautiful nearby park, before we headed over to Lansdowne for the ceremony and reception. Their ‘first look’ was a bit different, compared to other first looks that I’ve shot. Since Curtis was running late, we had Nicole wait for him to come up behind her and then have her turn around to see him. It was non-conventional as far as first looks go. But, I think it turned out well.
The wedding ceremony was quite pretty. The horticultural building was decorated quite beautifully with white chiffon draping and a golden moon gate arch. The reception area was very beautiful as well with the dark linens mixed with gold accents. Sage Designs did an excellent job with the wedding decorations.
I like shooting weddings. So, if you’re engaged, I’d love, love, love for you to get in touch with me! Drop me a line and I’ll be sure to email you my wedding pricing guide.
In the meantime, you can check out Nicole and Curtis’ winter engagement session, which they totally rocked.
Finally, Nicole and Curtis’s wedding day was brought together by the following vendors:
- Wedding Planner: Julie and Co Events
- Officiant: Michele Fansett from All Seasons Weddings
- Invitations: Vistaprint
- Wedding Dress & Hairpiece: Renewed with Love
- Shoes: Nordstrom
- Hair & Makeup: Hair Republic
- Groom’s Suit: Custom made by E.R. Fisher Menswear
- Rings: People’s Jewellers
- Reception Venue: Lansdowne Horticulture Building
- Caterer: Prinzo Fine Catering
- Decorations & Linens: Sage Designs
- Cake & Desserts: Michael Holland
- DJ: Extreme Entertainment
- Photographer: Black Lamb Photography