My Favourite Wedding Venues in Ottawa ON and Gatineau QC
I’ve been shooting weddings here in Ottawa, ON and Gatineau, QC since 2008 (before that was in the GTA where I used to live). I’ve shot at quite a few different venues over the years in the Ottawa and Gatineau area. To help future brides and grooms find the perfect venue, I decided to make a list of several of my favourite wedding venues in Ottawa ON and Gatineau QC that I’ve either shot at or am hoping to shoot at in the near future.
Stonefields: I LOVE shooting at Stonefields. For any couples getting married at Stonefields, I’m offering a fantastic incentive to hire me to be your wedding photographer because I love to shoot there. Check out my Stonefield’s Wedding special.
Billings Estate Museum: What can I say about Billings Estate? To make it short and sweet, it’s a beautiful house with pretty gardens right smack dab in the city.
Fairmont Château Laurier: I shot a wedding there years ago and LOVED it. I would love the opportunity to shoot there again as it’s so gorgeous, not to mention classy.
Mariposa Farm: I love anything remotely rustic, so barns, farm animals and open fields make me a happy photographer. Mariposa Farm doesn’t disappoint in rustic touches. They come complete with cows, horses, ducks and geese.
Pinhey’s Point: This is a beautiful rustic spot to have an outdoor wedding ceremony. The wedding that I shot there had the ceremony in the old kitchen ruins. It made such a perfect spot for a quaint wedding ceremony.
Stanley’s Olde Maple Lane Farm: I shot a wedding at Stanley’s several years ago and would love to shoot there again. I love rustic settings and Stanley’s is definitely rustic.
Strathmere: Strathmere is such a pretty wedding spot on the outskirts of Ottawa. I love its rustic charm.
I also have a list of wedding venues that I would LOVE to shoot at:
- Aquatopia: This is a new wedding reception venue in Carp, which boasts a year round tropical paradise and tonnes of natural light.
- Canadian Museum of History (aka. Museum of Civilization): I’ve shot outside the museum, but not for a wedding taking place there
- Canadian Museum of Nature: The place looks like a castle from the outside. GORGEOUS!
- Evermore Weddings & Events: I would jump at the chance to shoot a rustic wedding at Evermore. In fact, I’m offering a photography special. You get two extra hours for free of wedding photography coverage. Check out my Evermore special wedding photography package.
- Fairmont Château Montebello: I would LOVE the opportunity to shoot a wedding at the beautiful Château Montebello.
- Le Belvédère: That ceremony site looking over the cliff looks so beautiful.
- National Arts Centre NAC: To take some photos in the theatre would be amazing.
- National Gallery of Canada: It doesn’t get more classy than having your photos taken in an art gallery.
- Saunders Farm: I love all of their bush mazes and would LOVE the opportunity to be able to capture wedding photos in that winding maze.
- The Herb Garden: Like I’ve said before, I’m a fan of anything rustic and the Herb Garden looks like a beautiful rustic wedding venue. Check out my special package in which you get two extra hours at no charge: Herb Garden Wedding Photo Special Deal.
I’m currently offering an extra hour (or two) for certain wedding venues. Check out my list of Ottawa wedding venues that I’m offering an extra hour (or two) of photography coverage for free in order to shoot there. 🙂
If you’re getting married, I would love to hear from you. E-mail me to set up an appointment and you can tell me all about your awesome wedding plans.
My wedding and engagement photography has been featured on various wedding blogs, including: Melissa Hearts Weddings, How He Asked, Savvy Deets, Ottawa Wedding Magazine, SnapKnot, Champagne Sweets, Plans and Presents, The Westchester Wedding Planner, Weddabroad, Daydreaming Bride, Bridebox, Hochzeitsportal24, RSVP Events and Wedding Thingz.