Alex and Tanya’s Ottawa Hunt & Golf Club Wedding
Ottawa Wedding Photographers
A little over a month ago I shot Alex and Tanya’s Ottawa Hunt & Golf Club wedding. It called for rain and a possible thunderstorm, but luckily it didn’t end up doing anything, but be sunny. With that said, it was a super hot day, about 40°C with the humidex. Now imagine wearing a suit and tie or a wedding dress in a church with no air conditioning. That was our wedding group. We all made it through the hot church ceremony and then went on with the rest of the festivities.
Everyone headed over to Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club for the reception. While everyone was mingling during cocktail hour, we took photos on the grounds of the golf club. Hunt & Golf Club has very beautiful grounds. And their reception hall was beautiful with the beautiful decorations and lighting. Alex and Tanya have great taste in wedding decor.
The reception was fun. They had a great master of ceremonies. One of the games he had them play was a ‘he said, she said’ sort of thing. The had to choose who would most likely do what for each question. It was fun to see each other’s choices. Sometimes they’d be in sync and sometimes, they’d both think the opposite. It was quite entertaining to watch. After that game Mara and I headed out for the night. I’m sure that they all danced into the wee hours of the night. I wish all the best to these two. Congratulations!
Finally, this day wouldn’t be possible without the talents of the following Ottawa wedding vendors:
- Church & Officiant: Father Dan Hawkins of St. Basil’s Catholic Church
- Musicians: John & Maureen McGovern
- Wedding & Bridesmaid Dresses: La Maison Bridal Boutique
- Shoes: The Bay & Spring
- Makeup & Hair: Laura Busby
- Suits: Moores
- Rings: Dewpura Jewellers
- Florist: Flower Rainbow
- Reception Venue & Caterer: Ottawa Hunt & Golf Club
- Linens: Ottawa Hunt & Golf Club and Groovy Linen
- Wedding Cake: Artistic Cake Design
- Desserts: Artistic Cake Design & homemade by Alex’s mom
- DJ: DJ Johnny (from Toronto)
- Photographer: Black Lamb Photography