5 Tips to Rock Your Engagement Session
Ottawa Engagement Photographer
So you wanna know how to rock your engagement session. That’s what I like to hear. Here’s 5 Tips to Rock Your Engagement Session:
1) Dress to Impress: This is a chance for the two of you to look your absolute best. The bonus is that you’ll have pictures to show off to everyone just how ridiculously good looking you are. (Read that while picturing Derek Zoolander saying it.) 😉 You can check out my post: What to Wear for Engagement Photos.
2) Choose the Perfect Location: There’s so many different locations to choose from. Do you want a rustic feel or urban? Perhaps you always wanted to have your photos taken on the family farm. Or maybe you want to have your photos taken at a carnival. How cool would that be?!? If you want your photos taken at a carnival, count me in!
3) Choose the Season: Do you want fall leaves or snow in your session? Do you want spring blooms in your photos? Choose the best time of year that you’ll get the photos you desire. This may not be viable if you choose your wedding photographer too close to your wedding date. However, if you hire your wedding photographer one year before your wedding, you’ll be able to choose which season will work best for your engagement session.
4) Bring Props: Do you have a sign with your wedding date? Scabble route?
5) Do Something Different: Do you like being on the lake? Have some photos taken near with you in a boat. Or maybe your dog is part of your family. Bring them along to be in some of the photos. You could also have a picnic, complete with a nice quilt, a picnic basket and some wine and cheese.
Other articles you may be interested in reading:
- Common Wedding Photography Questions Answered, Part One
- Common Wedding Photography Questions Answered, Part Two
- 10 Wedding Photography Frequently Asked Questions